PhotoImpact 12 has several preset work modes. For this tutorial, we will be using the Full Edit mode so all of the tools in PhotoImpact will be available to you.
As you work, use your mouse to drag this along with with you to mark your place.
LET'S GET STARTED
If you do not have a photo handy, you may download one of the photos provided above.
- Open the image in PhotoImpact.
- Resize the image (Adjust/Resize) to around 60% of the actual size.
- Note the size of your image (size is on the top of the image frame) and make a new image that's around 100 pixels larger on each side. You need some space in which to create your curved image. Make your background anything but white (grey works well). it will be changed later.
- Make a white 2d rectangle the same size as your first image. The easiest way to do this is to make the image any size, then click on the Transform tool, make sure the lock is open and type in the size of your image.
- Click on the Path Edit tool. Click the top line on the rectangle and convert straight-line to curve. Do the same with the bottom line. Use the node handles to shape
the rectangle as shown below. Make sure you're in Free Edit mode.
When you're happy with your curve, exit Path Edit.
- Duplicate the edited rectangle and make it 20 pixels smaller (type in the size as you did above).
- Copy the original image and paste it into into the smaller rectangle (Edit\Paste\Into Selection).
Select both rectangles and use the align tools to center the smaller one inside the larger one and merge as a single object. You should now have a nicely curved photo.
- Add a lower right-angle shadow, then split the shadow. Duplicate the shadow and flip the duplicate to make the left shadow. Resize both shadows so they didn't show over the edges of the curved part. Select the curved photo and both shadows and combine as a single object.
- You can use your image just as it is or you can add a nice background, a texture, etc.
Samples of other bend styles. Note the location of the various shadows:
You're invited to join the PIRC Fourm! This is an active PhotoImpact Forum where you'll find a wonderful group of warm, friendly, talented, and knowledgeable people who are ready and willing to share their expertise with you. There are creative activities for all levels of PhotoImpact users. This forum is 100% free and everyone is welcome. |
Copyright© MaryLou White.
This document may not be translated, duplicated, redistributed or otherwise appropriated without permission.